Skip to main content

Day 23

 Today wasn’t particularly eventful. I didn’t really do much as I have been sick and didn’t feel up for anything. However, despite how bad I felt I still went to class. I didn’t want to miss our last day on campus because I wanted to buy. 

Before I got to campus, I stopped at the 7-11 to see if the lady who brings a small to my face was there. Sadly she wasn’t. I was really hoping to see her cause I wanted to give her a gift but sadly I wasn’t able to. I could maybe try someday this weekend but I’m not too sure about my schedule yet. 


After that I headed to campus with Ian and Athena. We stopped and talked to Gabe on the way as he was on his way back to the hotel. He was done for the day, because they did not have any after class clubs and seminars for us to attend. 


Once we got to campus, the three of us headed straight to class. By that time I was regretting my decision to go to class. The heat and humidity had sucked all the energy I had out of my body and I wasn’t able to cool off. The lack of strong air conditioning in Japan didn’t help either. 


Once class started I tried my best to focus and follow along. But after trying to do the free writes my head started to work and I could tell that I was done for the day. I tried my best to power through but by the time class was half way done I threw in the towel and just laid my head down. 


Once class finally finished, Ian, Athena, and I walked to the on campus convenience store to obtain the hoodies. There was a bit of difficulty obtaining the right size but after getting over the language barrier and waiting for a bit I finally got the hoodie I wanted (picture below).





With the package in tow, we set out for our journey back to the hotel. It wasn’t much better than the journey there, in fact it was a bit worse. It felt even hotter out as we walked to the station and all I could think about was my bed. 


When we finally arrived back at the hotel I crashed. I honestly don’t remember much after that. The rest of the afternoon/evening was a blur. I know I got food at some point and watched some one piece. But I don’t remember what I ate that night or when I finally went to bed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 16 Recap: Exploring Kobe Nunobiki Herb Gardens

Today I woke up and I went to McDonald’s with my lovely roommate Lauren for breakfast. I wanted to start my day right so I ordered the Mega McMuffin. After eating breakfast the class set off to Kobe. We began our day at Riken where we were educated about the Fugaku, and then we got lunch at the station. I love how the stations here are like fancy malls, its something I really appreciate about Japan, how you can just lollygag around while waiting for your train or waiting to meet up with friends. I spent my free time washing my hands with various fancy soaps at a fragrance store.  Personally, the highlight of my day was visiting Nunobiki Herb garden. I really love gardens and getting to visit one of Japan's largest Herb Gardens was really exciting for me. Our journey began with the Nunobiki Ropeway that gave a panoramic view of Kobe city, the ocean, and the surrounding lush greenery. The ropeway ride in itself was one of my favorite moments of the trip.  Once we got off we were...

Welcome to SS314: Language, Culture, & History

Welcome to our class blog for Language, Culture, & History! We are one of the classes in the study abroad Japan program, a partnership between Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Osaka Metropolitan University. During our five week summer course, we will collaboratively author this class blog to document our adventures in Osaka and across Japan. 

Day 24- Bastille

Day twenty four of our trip to this country half way around the world. Unfortunately it is almost time for us to leave it all behind. I’ve done most of the things I wanted to do but there are one or two goals I had that will not be possible due to time constraints. These will require a second visit. Today however, I did manage to accomplish one of the most highly anticipated items on my list- Explore the city of Tokyo. I woke up at seven o’clock in the morning, far too early if you ask me, and departed from shin Osaka to Tokyo station. This was not my first time in the city but it would be my first time wandering the streets and actually experiencing the city rather than just passing through. The group decided to break up for lunch after depositing our bags in the hotel. Most went back to the station to eat but I, being the enterprising sort, took to the streets. When I happened upon a rolling sushi location I was delighted. These places had proved to quick and cheap in the past so why...