Skip to main content

7/23 recap: the beach

 Travel Blog 2: The beach 

 

Originally I was going to go and climb Mt. Fuji on this day, but my professors told me and the group that I was going with not to go. As a result, I woke up late and wasn’t sure what I was going to do with my day. I had already wasted Saturday preparing for this, and I didn’t want to waste Sunday as well. 

 Because of this, when I saw Daniel post saying he was going to the beach, I thought “why not?” 

I met up with him at one, as well as Race and Colby who were also tagging along, in the afternoon, and we headed toward Omi-Maiko beach. The trip there was uneventful.  

When we made it to the beach, it was packed with people. Before we went in the water, we walked to a Hawaiian restaurant, and I ordered chicken which was excellent. Next, we walked along the beach and looked at the jet skis that were lining the portion of the beach we were at. Our stop was short, and we soon moved on and found a relatively open area to lie down at. 

Next, we went into the water which was warm and enjoyed the sunshine of the beach. Despite being less crowded than the other sections of the beach, it was not less lively. Children ran around playing, and there were guys who were trying to impress girls who weren’t impressed. It was practically the same as every beach in the U.S. I’ve been to.  

After a few hours, the end of the day was approaching, and so we began our return to Osaka. 

Much like the journey to Omi-Maiko beach, the return journey went smoothly. When we returned to Osaka, we went our separate ways. I decided to walk around Namba for a bit. 

Namba, like Shinsaibashi, is a shopping district. However, it is much more focused around games and anime related things than Shinsaibashi. Also, there are lots of Casinos. I walked around and saw all of these went through a sketchier part of town and saw something sketchy there. Finally, I went back to my room and went to sleep. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 16 Recap: Exploring Kobe Nunobiki Herb Gardens

Today I woke up and I went to McDonald’s with my lovely roommate Lauren for breakfast. I wanted to start my day right so I ordered the Mega McMuffin. After eating breakfast the class set off to Kobe. We began our day at Riken where we were educated about the Fugaku, and then we got lunch at the station. I love how the stations here are like fancy malls, its something I really appreciate about Japan, how you can just lollygag around while waiting for your train or waiting to meet up with friends. I spent my free time washing my hands with various fancy soaps at a fragrance store.  Personally, the highlight of my day was visiting Nunobiki Herb garden. I really love gardens and getting to visit one of Japan's largest Herb Gardens was really exciting for me. Our journey began with the Nunobiki Ropeway that gave a panoramic view of Kobe city, the ocean, and the surrounding lush greenery. The ropeway ride in itself was one of my favorite moments of the trip.  Once we got off we were...

Welcome to SS314: Language, Culture, & History

Welcome to our class blog for Language, Culture, & History! We are one of the classes in the study abroad Japan program, a partnership between Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Osaka Metropolitan University. During our five week summer course, we will collaboratively author this class blog to document our adventures in Osaka and across Japan. 

Day 24- Bastille

Day twenty four of our trip to this country half way around the world. Unfortunately it is almost time for us to leave it all behind. I’ve done most of the things I wanted to do but there are one or two goals I had that will not be possible due to time constraints. These will require a second visit. Today however, I did manage to accomplish one of the most highly anticipated items on my list- Explore the city of Tokyo. I woke up at seven o’clock in the morning, far too early if you ask me, and departed from shin Osaka to Tokyo station. This was not my first time in the city but it would be my first time wandering the streets and actually experiencing the city rather than just passing through. The group decided to break up for lunch after depositing our bags in the hotel. Most went back to the station to eat but I, being the enterprising sort, took to the streets. When I happened upon a rolling sushi location I was delighted. These places had proved to quick and cheap in the past so why...